(For Students on Okayama Campus)Partial Resumption of On-Campus Classes and Extracurricular Activities
May 15, 2020To Students on Okayama Campus,
Educational Promotion Organization
Student Support Organization
Student Support Organization
Partial Resumption of On-Campus Classes and Extracurricular Activities
Yesterday, the COVID-19 State of Emergency was lifted in 39 prefectures, including Okayama and Kagawa. However, as the threat of the virus has not fully disappeared, it is necessary to remain vigilant.
As previously announced, Spring Semester 1 classes are basically conducted online. However, following the lifting the declaration, on-campus classes (regular class) will be in session for some experimental and practical subjects (including graduation and special research) and practical subjects (requiring workgroups). For these classes, the instructor will contact you via mylog, so please be sure to check mylog every day. Students unable to attend classes must inform instructors of his/her situation to continue having classes online and/or receiving assignments. *
Furthermore, resumption of postponed extracurricular activities may be permitted by submitting a request form 3 days prior to each event to the Director of the Student Support Organization.
There are conditions that must be met to attend on-campus classes and participate in extracurricular activities such as filling out the "Health Monitoring Sheet" on mylog every day and avoiding “Three Cs” ** (see below). Please be sure to observe these conditions.
Requirements for attending on-campus classes and extracurricular activities:
1. Check your health status by filling out the "Health Monitoring Sheet" on mylog every day.
2. No symptoms such as fever, cough, runny nose, sore throat, headache, stomach pain, diarrhea, vomiting, joint pain, malaise, taste or smell dysfunction before classes and activities.
3. Comply with "Measures against COVID-19 Infection Guideline for OUS Students."
4. Always wear a mask (If you can't get a mask by any means, please let us know because it is a limited number, but we prepared at the Health Management Center at 6th floor in C1 bldg.)
Requirements for extracurricular activities (include graduation research) and other activities:
1. Avoid “Three Cs” to prevent infection.
2. Use classrooms, etc. where constant ventilation is possible, and number of participants should be no more than 50% of maximum capacity.
3. Wash hands frequently; the meeting place should be equipped with a sink or antiseptic system
4. Activities may not take place in prefectures still under State of Emergency***(see below) nor allow visitors from other prefectures.
5. Activities must not include overnight lodging.
6. If any symptoms considered to be COVID -19 or close contacts with infected people are observed, contact the Student Affairs Office (086-256-8432) and the extracurricular activities supervisor (Advisors, Responsible Teachers, etc.) for instructions.
*If you are currently outside of Okayama prefecture to return home for spring vacation, travel, job hunting, or on-the-job training, be sure to report a self-check-up to ensure that you are healthy. When returning to Okayama after passing designated health check areas, make sure to wear a mask and avoid “Three Cs” when traveling.
** Avoiding “Three Cs” – refers to avoiding Confined spaces, Crowded places, and Close contact with people."
*** Prefectures still under State of Emergency: Hokkaido, Tokyo, Saitama, Chiba, Kanagawa, Osaka, Kyoto, Hyogo (8 prefectures as of May 14, 2020)